Tuesday, September 22, 2009

LONESOME...



I have so much going on in mind right now. But somehow the flow of words is missing. My mind is muddled with thoughts, both, rational as well as irrational ones. I don’t know if what I am writing makes sense, yet I am trying hard to organize them and give my mind some direction.


At this point of time, I miss so many things in my life. Its like…all memories, good and bad, have come all at once. I guess, empty days with nothing to do, do that to you.


I miss the fun times I spent with friends. I miss the crazy evenings when we actually did nothing, and yet had a gala time. I miss those telephone chats for long hours. I miss rushing to help a friend in sadness. I miss them wiping my tears away. I miss those night outs. I miss the photo sessions. I miss the long discussions about bfs and gfs. I miss having Maggie in a mug rather than a plate. I miss disturbing a friend thousand times for water. I miss the time when a friend called me when drunk and said the sweetest things. I miss spending evenings at Jogger’s lane and chatting away. I miss going to Calcutta Rolls. I miss Mango Dolly. I miss the silly fights we had. I miss the burst of confidence I had, telling me that no matter what, everything will be fine. I miss the confessions…. I miss so many more things…


There was a time when I didn’t have time to get bored. One phone call or a walk across the street was all that was needed to make a plan. Meeting friends was never an issue. But now, some have moved away and some are simply busy in their lives. No longer can I invade a friend’s room without prior notice. Earlier, we met and made plans… Now, we plan to meet. Its strange how your closest pals drift away…leaving a void in your life.


I miss all my friends so much today…Nupur, Neha, Amit, Vipra…I miss every moment spent with them. Had they been here, I know I would never have had a single dull moment. At times I feel lonely coz no more can I tell anyone anything ‘haq se’. We are all still together…yet distance keeps us a little apart…

4 comments:

  1. hey shalaka,
    dont know from where i found your blog but one thing just pondered and thn been thrwn by my mouth "awesome".... really gr8 verses....keep it up..nd if u cud do me a favour please keep me updated whenever u will post any new verses ...i would love to be a follower for your articles...as just started blogging...wanna read something of mine....thn visit http://abhishek-bansod.blogspot.com ..
    take care god bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend in need is a Friend in Deed! yes this happens & again & again we leave old friends to increase a new ones. My school friends r in US now;One found to be a Territory Manager in CA road HDFC branch..;Another in Dubai,Amit Joshi who mailed me after getting my email ID from Airtel website. How amezing this life is ! Its not with only Meghashyam or Shalaka,... but its with all humans who grow fr their childhood school,...then jr & sr colleges,.. & fr 1 city,nation to the another... Its a process of life which is endless! Jindagi ka safar hai yeh kaisa safar? ...
    Lekin Mai ise jaan chuka Hu! kyon ki muze Sadguru mile! Aap bhi apne Sdguru ko khojiye shalakji & U will gain pure bliss where there is no grief at all!
    Myself -Meghashyam Dalvi,Career Consultant,Nagpur(Mail:meghashyamdalvi@gmail.com) I got Ur blog address fr orkut.U should publish u r bolg as Sahity/ PresentBiography.
    Believe here r 10% good people for which this Universe is going on ! Aajkal bahano ko bhaiya nahi milte! Muze lagta hai Bharatiya Rakshabandhan bhool to nahi rahe ! Lets find answers ... frm a non-profit organistion www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org working for the welfare of nation & Society!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey superb thoughts nd words for ur frnds..but dose moments u cherishd & ur frnds will remind u d term"importance"...njy dose memories nd relish ur future wid d essence of d frndship u had..:) keep writing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks shrey and abhishek... sorry for the very very late response!!

    ReplyDelete