Thursday, June 4, 2009


FORGOTTEN

I am numb,
Not a trace of warmth within me,
I hear no hum,
Too frozen to feel the din…

I’ve forgotten the way you smiled,
The way you looked at me,
I’ve forgotten how mischief lit your eyes,
How you loved my simplicity…

You took too long
To turn around and come,
I’ve now forgotten the songs
That we’d together sung…

Silence reigned,
When words needed to fill the void,
Nothing matters now…
My tears have dried…

Got nothing to give you today,
Not a smile…not even a word,
The moment of return slipped away,
Nothing remains now…
Just debris of feelings unheard…

2 comments:

  1. ohh..simply amazing,, use of pearly words r awesome..but y such things r forgotten and Nothing remains now?? cant get it,,,but ur thinking and portraying thoughts into words is great..keep writing..well done once again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, shrey..
    well as to y things r forgotten..somethings need to be done on their destined time, and if not done then, then they lose their essence and innocence..

    ReplyDelete