Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Am…



I’m not the person
You want me to be,
I’m the person
I feel within me…

I’m not of the smile
That warms my face,
I’m of the frowns
Which ruin my days…

I’m not of the strength
You see and know,
I’m of the weakness
That I never show…

I’m not of the bravery
That makes me fight,
I’m of the timidity
That makes me want to hide…

I’m not of the pride
That reflects my demeanour,
I’m of the humility
That wraps my nature…

I’m not of the laughter
That makes me glow,
I’m of the tears
Which silently flow…

I’m not of the success
That rings around me,
I’m of the failure
That none can see…

I’m not of the fortitude
That holds me high,
I’m of the fears
Which within me lie…

I’m not of the control
That you think I retain,
I’m of the temptations
Which refuse to sate…

I’m not of the joy
That eases my living,
I’m of the sorrow
That torments my being…

I’m not of the confidence
That makes me subtle,
I’m of the hesitance
That makes me stumble…

I’m not of the flamboyance
That boasts of finesse,
I’m of the simplicity
That brings me ease…

I can’t be someone
Fake and virtual,
I am as I am…
Imperfect…yet real…

No comments:

Post a Comment